Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Post

Buon Anno (Happy New Year)!

Being home for the holidays was fast and furious, but it was SO great to be back for a while. All I did was eat Mexican food, watch movies, read books, and hang out with family/friends. I could make a living living like that!



After spending a few days in London with Eason, we boarded a flight bound for Houston the Friday before Christmas in order to spend the weekend at Noni's house. Eas survived the family Christmas (he might even have had fun) - but who can blame him...there was good food on the table and football on TV. He was in heaven! We had a wonderful time in Beaumont with the fam. From there we headed to good ol' Lufkin for a few days. It was very relaxing! He even got to go to the Deuce, which he was so excited about (ha!). I drove him to the airport on Tuesday, but not before getting ONE more Mexican food meal in. Lupe Tortillas es muy bueno! Eason had a terrible time getting to Cali because of weather, but once he got there he had a great time with his family as well.


Despite having to put our family dog, Kennedy, to sleep, it was a delightful next 2 weeks. I got together with old friends and caught up on life so far in Texas and New Mexico. I spent some quality time with Hilary and Stephen, Hunter, Leeanne and their pups, and of course Mom, Marty, Dad and Lisa. We had 5 Christmases (a small number for us!), and it was really good to get to see Jenni and Darin (first time since their wedding) and Jacque and Kevin. Mom and Marty are coming in March, and Dad, Lisa, Hil and Stephen are coming in April. I can't wait!



New Years Eve was so fun! I got to spend it with my brother, sister, and their spouses. I can't remember the last time we all spent NYE together -- it was a blast!









In Dallas, I got to see so many friends! It was so good to catch up with you all!! I love and miss you so much!







The flight back was not so fun, as I had to change airports in London AND my connecting flight was nearly cancelled. We've had some major snow here lately, so a lot of us had a hard time getting back to Lugano. I was delayed, but luckily I made it (after 24 full hours of traveling)! I had to go to work the next day, so needless to say, I was TIRED! It's been about 4 days now, and I'm finally feeling back to normal. That jet-lag really got me this time!

The weather is so lovely here, so that makes it easy to get off my lazy bum and go for some exercise! Yesterday Martha and I walked downtown to enjoy the weather and pick up a few groceries (an easy walk down, but a tough walk back up!). Tonight I'm hosting people over to my place to have some cheese dip and watch some NFL play-off games. I love my Sling Box!

Stay tuned these next few weeks, as I have 5 weekends of traveling coming up! Here's a teaser: I'm going to Ann Frank's House, a city formerly known as Alis Ubbo (the delightful shore), the home of handsome princes (twice!) and finally, the City of Lights! That last one is with Kristin and I think it'll be her home away from S.A.! :)

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

So great to see all the pics that went along with your fun stay here in the states, I only wish I could have been one of the people lucky enough to have seen you! Glad you made it back safely and have an amazing time on all your travels!

susan hogan said...

it was so great to see you too hayley! hopefully next time we see you kathryn will be able to see you too...she wasn't happy that mommy got to see miss hayley and she didn't... :-)
can't wait to keep seeing pics of your travels...we love seeing those!
miss you and again, it was great to see you and catch up! :-)