Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Birthday to Remember!

Wow! What a birthday! Before I moved I thought it would be hard to spend my bday far from home, but as it turns out -- it doesn't matter how far away from home you are, as long as you have a good family and friends! I got so many cards, text messages, emails packages, and baked goods -- it was just like being at home! Blair decorated our office and made yummy AMERICAN muffins, and the kids sang to me all day long (in about 3 different languages)! Later that night, Blair had the TASIS girls over and people brought yummy homemade goodies and wine. It was so great -- I even had a cake!



Quite possibly the BEST gift I got was this sweet, sweet video from the Overstreets! It made my name to hear sweet Kate say "Happy Birthday, Hay-yee!" My heart melted! I can't wait to see those lovely ladies at Christmas!

My dad and Lisa also sent me a great gift -- a BOX full of UT gear! My friends here just died laughing as I pulled out item after item of burnt orange goodness!! A backpack, a mesh bag, 2 notepads, a FLAG, a calendar -- you name it! All UT! I loved it! :)

Friday morning I hopped a plane to Paris to meet Eas -- what a fun weekend he had planned! It helps that he lived there for a
while and speaks French. :) He had a "Hag Bag" of gifts (as if PARIS wasn't a gift in itself!) and we went out for a nice French dinner! The whole weekend was great - we saw every sight there was to see! My favorite was the view from Sacre-Coeur, although the weather didn't really provide great picture taking!








This is a shot of the Alps from the plane ride to Paris! How beautiful!

All is well in Swiss-land but I'm really looking forward to Christmas in ONE MONTH! Jessica, Terri, Robina, Candace and Christen are ALL coming to visit this week and I couldn't be more excited! It'll be an action packed week (Como, Lugano, Paris, London) -- but I can't wait to see my friends! It's about time I had visitors!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Loved hearing all about your b-day festivities! Have the best time with your friends this weekend! Oh, and how can i text you? Do I have to have an international phone?? Oh I need help with all this technology stuff! I tried texting you but it didn't work!